Using Content Marketing To Build Your Brand Awareness
You are living in a content era.
Start from education to entertainment; content is everywhere. So why not take advantage of it, and build your brand to the next level?
Businesses leverage it to reach their marketing goals more effectively and efficiently.
Have you acknowledged its potential? Do you ever realize that content marketing can help build your brand?
This exponential growth over the past few years has been remarkable and shows NO signs of slowing down.
For new and growing brands, creating quality content that reflects their mission and values is an effective way to put themselves on the map and build brand awareness.
Content marketing is an important element of any successful marketing strategy and can help businesses get their products and services in front of their target audience.
Creating a successful content marketing strategy that supports and boosts your brand awareness is the cherry on top of the cake.
You can easily achieve your desired results with the right strategy and planning.
Here are some useful tips to help you develop an effective content marketing strategy that fosters brand awareness and helps your business reach its goals.
What Is Brand Awareness?
Simply put, band awareness is a sign of familiarity. The heart and soul of brand awareness are to make you memorable and recognizable.
Let’s do an exercise: If we talk about brand awareness, which brand comes to your mind? We, humans, remember a brand by its name. And this is how powerful branding is.
With content marketing, you make your brand memorable. It aids you in staying on top of the mind of your audience.
Now that you know what brand awareness is, let’s explore how you can build brand awareness.
Proven Ways To Build Brand Awareness Through Content Marketing
We know that you can’t keep yourself calm to know the secrets. Oh, yes! Let’s dive in.
1. Whom You’re Targeting?
The secret to any content marketing strategy lies in its audience. Don’t produce content just for the sake of doing it.
Don’t put yourself at risk! You’ll waste a lot of time and money if you don’t know them properly.
Do Your Research Well? Put Yourself In The Shoes Of Your Audience.
- Whom you’re targeting?
- What is that ONE thing that they want to hear from you?
- How old are they?
- Where are they located?
- Are they males or females?
And here comes the most important question that your need to ask yourself…
What are the pain points of your audience? What challenges are they facing? And how can you solve their problems?
How can you even get those answers?
Conduct a survey. Ask a minimum of 10-20 people to share their responses. And once you get the answers, prioritize the most -received responses
Following this will lead you to boost your brand awareness.
2. Content Strategy
Let’s say a cliched line.
Content marketing is meaningless without content. We know that you’ve heard this a plethora of times.
No matter how boring it may sound, we will reiterate it wherever we feel it is required. Because of a team of experts, we can assure you that content works wonders in building your brand.
Those who are starting their content marketing efforts can begin with storytelling. Tell them how you started, your challenges, and how you overcame them.
Storytelling works above and beyond your product and service. It builds a connection that is way more powerful than any marketing strategy.
Apart from storytelling, there are different ways to tailor your content.
Here Are The Following:
- Video content (interviews, Q&A)
- Social media content
Keep one thing in mind, no matter what type of content you’re sharing.
Don’t be too promotional.
Always try to educate your audience. Solve their problem. Delight them with your content.
It might take some time, but the perks are unmatched.
Last but not least – consistently. None of your content should be one of a kind.
Create a CONTENT CALENDAR. And plan well in advance to avoid irregularity.
3. Make The Most Out Of Your Company Blog
We know that we have already discussed blogging in the previous point.
Blogging is the deadliest weapon of content marketing and is immensely helpful in boosting brand awareness.
So we decided to talk about it separately. It deserves undivided attention.
A company blog is something that must resonate with your brand voice. While writing your company blog, think of it as if you’re directly speaking with your audience.
Here Are The Best Practices Of Blogging That You Can Follow:
- Produce fresh content.
- Don’t hesitate to take new angles and dynamics in your blogs.
- Long-form content works the best.
- Stay away from replicating competitors’ content.
- Make it SEO-friendly. Place keywords seamlessly wherever required.
- Share a personal experience.
- Keep your paragraphs short and make them readable.
And most important…
Never write for a search engine. Write for your audience.
As simple as it may sound.
Having an ongoing blog strategy helps you build your brand. Eventually, you’ll start boosting your brand awareness.
4. Influencer Marketing
Businesses hire influencers to share and speak for their brand. As the name suggests, they have the potential to influence the decisions of others.
They can be – Bloggers, Youtubers, Celebrities, Media Persons, etc.
Discover influencers related to your industry who could be interested in promoting your brand.
You can incentivize them with complimentary products or other rewards. If they agree, it can be a great way to increase your brand awareness.
Let’s assume you have a blog and reach out to famous YouTubers from your niche. You ask them to promote your blog in their video.
Imagine a recognized influencer sharing your blog. You’ll start garnering a steady traffic source for your blog.
5. Industry Partnership
A partnership gives you exposure. It introduces you to a new audience. In turn, it boosts your brand awareness.
But how can you build a partnership?
Here’s How You Can Do The Same:
- Take advantage of LinkedIn. Post thought-provoking content and establish your authority within the industry. It also allows you to connect with other industry professionals.
- Facebook groups are another way to showcase your authority and attract people.
- You can also think of Instagram or Facebook live and connect with people.
- Do you know what Guest Posting is? Guest posting is writing for other websites and gaining an inbound link pointing to your website.
- Conduct interviews with business owners and share the industry insights in your blog.
- You can also think of creating informative video content and engaging with industry experts.
6. Decide Your Content Publishing Strategy
Creating your content and distributing it – these two are different ball games altogether.
It is quite important that you must know when to post. Many people will tell you to follow a specific time or frequency.
What you need to understand here is that – what worked for them might not work for you.
There is no one size fits for all strategies. Data will speak for itself.
The simplest strategy here is testing. Post at different times. Post 5 times a day or even 10 times a day. See what is working and what is NOT.
Check your analytics to analyze the common traits of your audience.
Create a content calendar with outlined time, date, and topic. It will drive you to create your content regularly.
Combining all of the above factors helps you to boost your brand awareness.
7. Leverage Social Media
Are you still passing your time on social media? If yes, then you’re missing out on something.
Many people think that content marketing is all about creating content. But this is different here. It demands you distribute your content. This is where social media comes into the picture.
And if you know the art of promoting your content through social media, you will most likely increase your brand awareness.
You Can Consider The Following:
- Create platform-specific content. Let’s assume you posted something on Twitter. There is no guarantee that it will also work on Instagram or LinkedIn. Each platform comes with specific requirements. And you have to respect the same while channelizing your content.
- Stay responsive to your community. Engage with your followers through comments and DMs. This portrays an impression tha your care for them. In turn, they recommend your content to their friends and families. In turn, it improves your brand presence.
8. Take Data-Driven Decisions
Back in school, exams used to gauge your strengths and weaknesses. When you’re in the office, reports measure your performance.
This analogy works in content marketing as well.
Some Tools Help You Track And Evaluate The Performance Of Your Content.
- Search Console: It gives you insights into how your website performs on Google’s search results. It allows you to check keyword performance, click-through rate, etc.
- Google Analytics: If you’re planning to track acquisition, engagement, demographics, and behavior, then Google Analytics is your go-to choice.
Oh, we missed it.
For social media, you can take advantage of Hootsuite. It will share insights on engagement, brand awareness, etc.
9. Email Newsletters
You must stay active in the email box of your audience. Following this will help you stay on top of your audience’s mind.
Here Are The Hacks For A Brand-Building Email Newsletter:
- Share tips and strategies about industry-related topics. Try to solve their problem with your content.
- You can share news related to your business. Share your history, achievements, etc., with them.
- Link to your most recent content. If you have posted a blog or have made any social media content – share it with your email audience.
- Keep a conversational tone. Ask questions and let them engage.
10. Take Part In Community
Customers are more inclined towards brands that believe in sharing and offering value to their audience. If you’re actively associated with a community, don’t forget to harness its power for content marketing.
Don’t forget to share your photos…
If you’ve participated in any program or community events, take photos and share them on your social media account.
Post Videos as well…
Shoot ‘behind the scene videos’ of the event you’re participating in. Then, could you share it with your audience?
By following these, you’ll highlight that you’re part of a community and actively involved with it.
Over To You!
And that’s all from us for today. If you made it here, thank you for reading through.
We’ll see you in the next article, where we’ll discuss a topic recommended by one of our blog readers.
Wait. Before we wind up this article, we want to know something.
Have you created your content marketing strategy? If yes, then is it sufficient to build your brand awareness?
Do you need any help creating a brand awareness strategy through content marketing?
We will be more than happy to help you.
Don’t be shy! We are just a click away.